- get eight hours of sleep
- eat three decent meals
- quit smoking
- limit your alcohol
- lose weight
- get active
Use recommend/suggest you + (verb) to give advice.
Use verbs in their simple form after recommend/suggest you.
I recommend you get eight hours of sleep.
I suggest you limit your alcohol.
You can also put that between recommend/suggest and you without changing the meaning.
I recommend that you get active.
I suggest that you lose weight.
Sho got the results of his annual checkup. He’s reading the doctor’s advice.
The results of your checkup are good. However, you are experiencing a lot of stress. Please take note of the following recommendations for a healthier, less stressful lifestyle:
- I suggest you get active. Do some physical activities outside of work like walking, jogging, or swimming.
- I recommend that you limit your alcohol as well.
- Try to get eight hours of sleep and eat three decent meals every day.
- Don’t work too hard.
If you do not see a big improvement in your stress level within the next few months, please come back for another checkup.
Dear Dr. Thompson,
What should I do to improve my health? I notice that I’m gaining a lot of weight and feel less energetic.
Thank you for sending in your question! I’m sure a lot of people are wondering how to improve their health too.
To answer your question, many doctors say that a lot of people gain weight because of their unhealthy eating habits. Here are some personal tips to improve your health:
- I recommend that you eat 350g of vegetables every day.
- Don’t skip or delay meals. If you’re too hungry, you may overeat.
- I suggest you avoid eating three hours before bedtime.
- Drink water, not sugary drinks.
I hope these tips help you live a healthier lifestyle. Remember, always eat right!
Dr. Sue Thompson